Colorado members automatically
gain the benefits of being part of the National ASMP organization.
Education, Publications and Information
ASMP has recently adopted a policy which will direct half of its
efforts toward the field of education over the next few years. This
is a departure from the past policy of concentrating primarily on
Here are some of the educational initiatives:
- New national two-day seminar on business principle
- Video tape educational materials are in development
to supplement the seminar above.
- New consumer edition of the ASMP Business Practices
- Completed ASMP Business Bible for members,
with supplements mailed as they are developed.
- White papers on Rights and Value and Business
- New Negotiating Seminar in the development
- New Client Seminar in development.
- Educational curriculum developed for colleges
- Educational liaisons at the chapter level is
being developed for working with local schools.
Direct Member Benefits
- Insurance programs for business liability
and equipment, auto, home, heath, accident, disability, long-term
care insurance, and insurance for film processing, lab errors
- Discounts on air courier services, travel services
and car rentals.
- Internet "Find a Photographer" database
of members, searchable by region, specialty or name, to promote
members to potential photo buyers.
- ASMP Members Only forum on the ASMP national
- Specialty Groups for various photography specialties.
- 37 chapters to serve your local interests and
- A community of photographers of which
you can be a contributing part.
National ASMP continues to be a leader in this area. No other association
of photographers comes close to ASMP's level of activity and accomplishment.
This list is always changing with items added and deleted almost
A few current activities:
- Trademark restrictions on photography.
- Interstate sales tax problems.
- Employee/independent contractor legislation.
- Home office deduction legislation.
- Work-for-hire check endorsement prohibition
- Fair-use guidelines for educational and library
- National Park photography regulations.
- National Forest Service photography regulations.
- Bureau of Land Management photography regulations.
- California sales tax exemption for photography.
- Copyright registration simplification.
- National Basketball League's claims for trademark
to dominate copyright rights.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
treaty recommendations and legislation.
- WIPO recommendations on systems for identifying
digitally stored images.
- Distribution of domestic and international
- International registry of photographers for
rights tracking purposes.
National ASMP is currently working on matters
National ASMP currently supports various actions with legal consultations
and financial support
ASMP continues to invest heavily in its 37 chapters with guidance
National ASMP continues to support and develop specialized subsidiaries
to further aid it's members. Currently there are three specialty
- Fine Art