Thursday, October 28, 2010
Location: The Hilton Fort Collins, 425 West Prospect Road • Fort Collins, CO 80526
Classes: Topics include Photo Basics I and II, Exposure, Lightroom, Macro, Light, Video for Photographers, Composition, Nature Photo and Photographing People. Visit www.rmsp.com/weekends for a schedule of classes and a list of course descriptions.
Who Attends: Class content is suitable for beginner through intermediate amateur photographers shooting with digital or film cameras.
Group Pricing: $159 per person for both days, $119 for one day. Your group code saves you a total of $20 for two days or $10 for one day. Online and early bird savings have been included in your group pricing.
Your Group Code: MU1111 Submit this code when registering to receive Group Pricing.
How to Register: Register online at www.rmsp.com/weekends or call (800) 394-7677 to register by phone. You may also download registration forms at www.rmsp.com/weekends and mail them to the address below.
Please keep in mind that some Weekend events sell out ahead of time so we encourage you to register early. To secure a spot, your registration must be received in our office before an event has sold out. You can register now using any of the methods mentioned above.
Please do not hesitate to call (800) 394-7677 if you have questions regarding the RMSP Weekend event in Fort Collins.
Hope to see soon!
Rocky Mountain School of Photography
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Enjoy much more of Blaine's latest work here.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
There is a bill that has been introduced in the Senate that will combat online infringement of copyrighted works. It’s called the “Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act” or “COICA”. ASMP encourages you to sign a petition in favor of the bill.
Though some photographers have already done this, our efforts have not been enough.
The opponents of this bill have been active in mobilizing the masses to speak out against it. The result of their efforts is that it seems like the public is against this bill. Yet, we all hear everyday about how websites are illegally posting your creative works for others to take and how this affects your livelihood.
This bill would benefit all artists and creators! TAKE ACTION TODAY! Stand up for your rights!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Speak up on blogs and listservs. Artists who speak out in favor of the bill on a website are often verbally attacked. Musicians, photographers and other artists need your support on this effort. Post blogs and comments on your own websites or on websites where you see these attacks.
2. Contact your Senator and House Representative. Tell your congressional representatives to vote YES to the bill. Tell them your story and how piracy and infringement affect you.
To find and email your Senator, go here.
To find and email your House Representative, go here.
3. Tweet this: Stop online piracy of art, music, movies, books, all creative works. Vote yes to Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act #COICA
4. Facebook this: The U.S. Congress is debating a bill that could help millions of artists around the world. If passed, the bill would allow the government to target and shut down “internet sites dedicated to infringing activities” which are “primarily designed” to access unauthorized copyrighted material. Tell your representatives to vote YES to the Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA).
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Did you know ASMP Colorado hosts a Yahoo! Group for, by and about photographers? Get a referral for an assistant, share your most recent rental experience, discuss day-hire studios, Elinchrom lighting or Moab paper stocks. It's all fair game on the Yahoo! Group.
You probably already have a Yahoo! ID, so subscribe here:
You can select daily digest (all messages bundled and delivered once a day), or an every-message subscription. Thanks, and I'll see you on the boards.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Susan presented stories, facts and data to support you making the right decisions about how you price your work.
Don't miss the next ASMP event Should I Be Thinking About Video with Gail Mooney November 4 at the Denver Press Club.
Register early. Details here.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Susan Carr presents a candid discussion on licensing and pricing your work. Take the mystery out of determining your fees and setting licensing terms. Get real world strategies for pricing in this tough business climate. Learn how to sell your prices with confidence
This Practical Seminar Includes:
Date: Friday, October 8
- What you need to know about copyright.
- A real world look at how to license photography.
- Why are copyright, licensing and pricing connected?
- Pricing models.
- Learn the steps to determining what to charge.
- Selling your price.
Time: 6pm - Social; 7pm - Program
Cash bar, complementary hors d'oeuvres.
Click Here for Registration & Location